JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
Information Technology Computer Technician
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 annually, depending on experience
TITLE: Information Technology Computer Technician
FLSA Status: Full time with benefits / Exempt
Closing date: Open until filled
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Information Technology (IT) Computer Technician works within Payette County IT to ensure staff and external partners have fully operational information technology solutions.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Provides outstanding customer service to all customers, at all times.
• Builds and maintains respectful, positive working relationships with staff, supervisors, outside agencies, and the public using excellent customer service principles.
• Managing Active Directory, creating users and data structure.
• Following through with technical issues until a resolution has been found and document procedures.
• Resolve issues on-site and remotely with staff. Contact vendors, distributors and supporting agencies as needed.
• Monitors network devices to determine configuration changes. Investigates user problems, performs diagnostics, analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves user, network and system problems across departments.
• Setup, configure, install, and troubleshoot notebook and desktops computers, printers, miscellaneous peripherals, and servers.
• Updates and maintains IT asset inventory.
• Documents the implementation of, and modifications to, technology systems as assigned.
• Works efficiently with vendors, technicians, and implementation teams as needed to complete assigned duties and tasks.
• Researches and recommends technology solutions that align with current and future fiscal year priorities.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities.
• Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
• Must possess a valid Idaho Driver’s License.
• Must be flexible to work various hours, nights, weekends, holidays and after hours support as required, including an on-call rotation two weeks every month for after-hours and weekend support.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with Windows 10 in a domain environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Windows Server 2012-2019 Administration.
• Experience with DHCP, DNS, Exchange and SQL.
• Experience with virtualization technologies.
• Knowledge of routing and firewall operations; TCP/IP & WAN connectivity, Ethernet and VPNs
• Experience with Cat5e/Cat6 cabling and termination.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage projects.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
• Ability to perform essential duties with efficiency and accuracy.
Education and Work Experience:
• Technical school, 2 year college degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum one-year experience in domain and Windows server environment.
• Any additional training and/or certifications in Microsoft, SQL, CCNA, CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+, Windows 10 / Server operating systems, or other technologies is preferred.
• Must have the ability to communicate by understanding and speaking the English language; read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information, and respond to questions from staff, technicians, and the general public.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including e-mail communications.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situational variables where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Essential Physical Abilities:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and/or sit for an extended period. The employee occasionally is required to climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and may frequently lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
• The work environment will include inside conditions, outdoor weather conditions, extreme temperatures, in wet and humid conditions, with areas of dust other airborne matter. Employees work in/at heights, confined spaces and are exposed to mechanical, electrical hazards.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Payette County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Application packets will be accepted until the position is filled.
A job application is available for download at
A completed job application must be filled out completely and submitted as part of the application packet.
Application packets may also be mailed to the following postal address:
Payette County IT Department
1130 3rd Ave. N. Rm.#104
Payette, Id. 83661