To surrender an out-of-state license and acquire an Idaho license, an individual must:

*Be a resident of Idaho & be able to provide proof of residency--Call county for accepted documents (208) 642-6003

*Be able to provide proof of identity---Out of state Drivers’ license or Identification card or another acceptable proof of identification (Passport, school transcripts w/photo)

*Out-of-state applicants are required to take and pass a written test – you can find a PDF copy of the manual online here

*If the out-of-state license has been expired for over a year a road test will be required in addition to the written test